2008 Corvette Model Year Changes
• All-new LS3 6.2L V-8 engine for Coupe and Convertible.
• 430 hp (321 kW)* 4.06-inch bores and 3.62-inch stroke.
• 424 lb.-ft. of torque (575 Nm)*
• 436 hp / 428 lb.-ft. (325 kW / 580 Nm)* with new, optional dual-mode exhaust system (NPP).
• High-flow cylinder heads, rectangle ports borrowed from the LS7, 63 cc combustion chambers.
• Enhanced valvetrain with feature 2.16-inch intake valves, and 1.59-inch exhaust valves.
• High-flow intake manifold.
• Larger-bore block with structural enhancements.
• Improved manual transmission shift effort.
• Quicker shift times on paddle-shift six-speed automatic.
• 2.73 performance axle ratio available with six-speed paddle shift; included with Z51 package.
• Improved steering feel.
• Standard split-spoke cast aluminum wheel design for Coupe and Convertible (Competition Gray finish optional).
• New Available polished forged aluminum wheel design.
• New Keyless Access remote key fob with integrated key.
• Interior trim enhancements for all models, including wrapped center trim plate with Cyber pattern and new, brushed aluminum accents.
• Custom Leather-Wrapped Interior Package available for all models in exclusive, new Linen and Sienna colors.
• New sill plates.
• IPod/MP3 jack included on all sound systems except navigation (Personal Audio Link available as accessory for navigation system).
• OnStar and XM Satellite Radio standard on all models.
• Auto-dimming mirrors with compass standard on all models.
• Two new premium exterior colors: Jetstream Blue Metallic Tintcoat and Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat.
• 500 ZHZ Corvettes made for Hertz car Rental Company for their fleet.
Click here to return to the C6 home page from 2008 Corvette