• For 2010 Corvette the Z06 returns in Torch Red and all Z06 models are now offered in all eight standard exterior colors.
• Launch control is standard with all manual-transmission models.
• Revised six-speed automatic paddle shift control now includes a “push and hold” feature that enables an easier return to the automatic mode.
• Side air bags are standard on all models.
• New interior console trim in Orbit and Gunmetal patterns.
• Optional crossed-flags logo embroidery for seats.
• Convertible models include the tall rear spoiler from the Z06.
• Cashmere interior offered on Z06, ZR1 – with Cashmere custom leather-wrapped interior offered later in the model year.
• The Z06 3LZ package now includes power sport seats and power passenger seats.
The new launch control system allows full-throttle start performance for all traction situations. In the competitive mode, the system will hold a calculated engine speed while the driver inputs full throttle.
The task of modulating engine torque via the clutch is turned over to the computer which modulates engine torque 100 times a second. This allows the driver to dump the clutch at full speed and not worry about losing traction!
• LS3 6.2L V-8 engine for Coupe and Convertible.
• Wider front and rear fenders – including specific front fenders with integrated Grand Sport badges.
• Z06-style front splitter and tall rear spoiler.
• Functional brake ducts and extra cooling.
• Unique 18-inch front and 19-inch rear wheels; painted finish standard and chrome finish optional.
• Large 275/35ZR18 tires in front and 325/30ZR19 tires in the rear.
• Z06-size brakes, including 14-inch (355 mm) front rotors with six-piston calipers and 13.4-inch (340 mm) rear rotors with four-piston calipers.
• Specific manual transmission gear ratios.
• Specific rear axle ratio on automatic-equipped models.
• Grand Sport replaces the Corvette’s previous Z51 package.
• Heritage package adds iconic front fender hash marks offered in four colors, as well as two-tone seats with Grand Sport embroidery.
• Dry-sump oiling system, differential cooler and a rear-mounted battery similar to Z06 and ZR1.
The Corvette’s exterior colors were all offered on the 2010 Grand Sport. The available Heritage package added iconic front fender hash marks. They were offered in four colors. Two-tone seats with Grand Sport embroidery were also on the order list. The Grand Sport could have been ordered with 1LT, 2LT, 3LT and 4LT trim packages. The most popular colors were Black (24%) as well as the two reds: Torch Red (18.4%) and Crystal Red (14.1%).
2010 Grand Sport Coupe base pricing began at $55,720.
2010 Grand Sport Convertible base pricing began at $59,530.
Corvettes Produced for 2010: 12,194
Grand Sport Coupe: 3,707
Grand Sport Convertibles: 2,335